Friday, April 28, 2017

Highlighter Game || Review + Swatches

♥ HELLO LOVE 


We all know that makeup on Contour & Highlight game is so strong. This time I would like to talk about highlighters, as much as I love highlight ( because I need to HIGHLIGHT my EXISTENCE  😆) 

Highlighters products in the market are like hugeeeeeee amount of products to try. I would love to try more products but I hardly to get it in Singapore. Especially Jeffree Star products and lots of US brands (because the shipping is so expensive)

Okay don't waste so much time talking about introductions. Let's get into the real business.
I will separate it into 4 different types.

1. HL Palette
Backlight BH Cosmetics  VS Alchemist Kat Von D

Comparison of the size are so different. Backlight definitely win over the size. As what you know that Alchemist just launched in Sephora Singapore not long ago. But internet already so crowd and non-stop talking about it. Price wise: BH Cosmetics cost S$24 (not incl. the international shipping) that may end up S$40 for Net 1.23 Oz /35 g, so it's about 5.8 g/each pan ; Alchemist cost S$50 at Sephora with Net 0.05 Oz / 1.53 g/each pan.  Backlight BH Cosmetics is definitely worth the money.


But then, if you look closely. Blacklight BH Cosmetics not as smooth as Alchemist Kat Von D. Alchemist has more holographic effect. So which one are the best? There are pro and cons over here. Which are your looking for? I personally still Backlight BH Cosmetics win my heart. Over the price, size and the choices of the colours.

2. Single HL
Left to Right
Colourpop - Hourglass - Becca Cosmetics
3 different brands that I would like to say the colours are quite lovely for my daily highlight. But to know which one is the best? Let's take a look my swatch below:

Top to Bottom:
Brilliant Strobe Light - Hourglass
Flexitarian - Colourpop
Opal - Becca Cosmetics
Moonstone - Becca Cosmetics
I kind of regret that I purchased Hourglass since none of highlight shown and it's so powdery, not even has the highlight effect. I thought I was just putting colour powder. So sorry Hourglass, yet you are expensive but not worth the money at all. Only you packaging is so pretty, I think that's why I purchased you LOL. Sephora sell it S$62 with Net 4.6g.

Hey Colourpop.... I am about a blinding highlighter. You are the winner for sure. I don't have to build up but only 1 swatch. Must take note, this flexitarian is not compact powder. You can feel a bit cream powder, yet the pigment is damn good. In their website is USD8 - so if I convert it to SGD is about S$12 (not incl. international shipping) with Net 4.2g

Between Opal and Moonstone from Becca, I prefer Opal more. Moonstone in some point is too light for my fair skin. With Opal, I love the sunkiss look on my skin. Becca has the consistence of the pressed highlight. Still not blinding. If you love subtle highlighter, I think you will love Becca Cosmetics. Sephora sell it S$58 with Net 8g.

Over all from pigmentation, texture and price. Colourpop win all over and I feel flexitarian is worth of the money.

3. HL Stick
Luxor NARS & Pink 3CE


I personally don't like stick as highlighter. Why? Because it will drag my makeup that I already set it for 2 hours LOL Just kidding. But seriously in my opinion, stick highlighter is not working for me. I have no idea why do I ever purchase it in the first place 😆
But if you are a highlighter stick person, here we go. Stick is very subtle finish and never be blinding. Is it good? To be honest 3CE has much better effect on it.
3CE Shimmer Stick in Sephora sell S$23 with Net 10g and NARS at Sephora is about S$60 with Net 14g. Well 3CE is way worth the money, especially it also give a better shimmer effect. 

4. Liquid HL

I don't favor liquid as HL and these 2 are from the gift sets to try out when I purchased. Okay let's check on it.


As what you see, Cover FX is amazing though. Completely opaque blinding and the effect also amazing. The full size of Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drop is about 15ml with maybe around S$68 and for Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector for 50ml is S$62 at Sephora. I know the Cover FX is so expensive, but it is worth the money? I guess so. Especially if you love the effect and the opaque. I will say that Cover FX Drop will be my next full size purchase, especially for Holo...


Base on all of these, which type that do you prefer more? I am definitely pressed type hehehe...
If you have more idea or something on your mind, feel free to comment below so we could share together. 

Don't forget to follow me on instagram
@ladies_journal



Thank you for reading my blog.
Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment! I would love to read and reply all your comments ^.^